Migrate Microsoft Teams quickly and easily
Effortlessly migrate and restructure your Microsoft Teams data with ShareGate Desktop’s Teams migration tool. Move channels between teams to match how people collaborate and move inside your organization, or migrate entire teams from one Office 365 tenant to another in just a few clicks.
Migrate entire teams to another tenant
Copy teams within the same tenant
Migrate channels to a new team
Copy channels to an existing team
Move exactly what you want, right where you need it with ShareGate Desktop.
Migrate Microsoft Teams from one tenant to another
Seamlessly migrate teams from one tenant to another in a few clicks, without the need to script. Copy chat history, channels, membership, files, tabs, apps, Planner plans, and more—ensuring users have everything they need to succeed in their new Teams environment after a merger or acquisition.
Tidy up your Teams pre-migration
Identify problem areas—like inactive or orphaned teams—before your Teams migration, with ShareGate Apricot’s smart monitoring and lifecycle management features. That way, you only bring the things you need.
Migrate channels between teams
Your Customer Success and Support departments have merged, and now they need to work together as one team? No problem! Restructure Microsoft Teams to match how people collaborate and move inside your organization by easily moving around channels between teams.
- Copy private and standard channels to another team in no time, and bring over their conversation history, files, tabs, apps, and Planner plans so members can keep working without skipping a beat
- Move a team’s entire list of channels or select only the ones that are needed
Customize your Teams migration
Maintain complete control over your migration by selecting exactly what you need to copy—whether that means migrating entire teams, just a few channels, or only what’s changed since your last migration. ShareGate Desktop also flags any potential issues before your actual migration so you can fix them ahead of time.
- Copy all of your teams and channels at once, or only select the ones you need to bring with you
- Perform incremental migrations to update your destination with the latest changes
- Rename teams and channels pre-migration to avoid potential errors at your destination. Add a prefix or suffix, or change their names completely
- Automatically map users at the destination so users can keep working quickly after your migration (you can still manually map them if you need to)
- Create a new team at your destination, or copy channels to an existing team
- Start your copy immediately, or schedule a convenient time for your migration to take place
Fix problems faster with our robust Teams migration report
Once your migration is completed, ShareGate Desktop provides you with a quick summary so you can see how it went. If anything unexpected popped up, we’ll provide you with the information you need to fix it fast.
- See which teams and channels were migrated and the copy status of each one
- Get details on any errors or warnings if they occurred, along with information to help you fix the problem
- Quickly update your destination by only copying over what you’ve fixed
Supported Microsoft Teams objects
- Team settings and description
- Membership (owners and members)
- Conversation history (including sender, threaded messages, links, and timestamps)
- Standard and private channels
- Planner plans
- Files (along with their history and metadata)
- Default wiki pages
- Apps and bots (those that are available in the Teams App Store)
- SharePoint site customizations
MICROSOFT TEAMS GOVERNANCE
Manage and secure Teams post-migration with ShareGate Apricot
Automate your Teams monitoring
Finally see what’s going on with all your teams and get them to follow your policies without the need for PowerShell, provisioning forms, or an Azure AD Premium license.
Understand how users intend to use their teams
Know the reason of creation and sensitivity level for each team, thanks to ShareGate Apricot’s chatbot that contacts owners directly in Microsoft Teams.
Apply custom security settings to each team
Assign sensitivity labels to your teams to automatically control privacy status, external sharing, and guest access settings.
See what’s been shared externally
Quickly see who's shared what externally, with whom, and when for every team—and revoke access in one click if you need to.
Schedule periodic external sharing reviews
Get users to validate every link they’ve shared externally on a regular basis to ensure that company data doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
Promote new owners when people leave your organization
Easily assign new owners to teams to make sure there’s always someone accountable to manage membership and security for each team.
Reduce sprawl by cleaning up old teams
Automatically detect inactive teams based on user activity, and archive them to make it easier for users to find the team they’re looking for.
One subscription. One price. Two great products.
Succeed at every stage of Microsoft 365 adoption when you use ShareGate Desktop and ShareGate Apricot together. Enhance adoption of new tools like Microsoft Teams to increase productivity from day one of deployment. And monitor and secure your environment while saving time on administrative tasks.
Move to Office 365 or SharePoint On-Premises
Migrate to Office 365 quickly and easily, and effortlessly reorganize and restructure your SharePoint and Microsoft Teams content.
- Best-in-class migration for all versions of SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
- Effortlessly reorganize and restructure your SharePoint and Microsoft Teams content
Keep Teams on track with automated governance
Guide users towards secure and productive collaboration in Microsoft Teams while keeping a close eye on what’s going on—so you can easily course-correct as you scale.
- Get the visibility you need to keep Teams on track
- Ensure external users have access to the right things