Migrate Teams to a new tenant quickly and efficiently
Seamlessly migrate teams from one tenant to another with ShareGate Desktop’s Teams migration tool. Copy chat history, channels, files, tabs, membership, and more—ensuring users have everything they need to succeed in their new Teams environment.
MIGRATE TEAMS DATA
Migrate existing Microsoft Teams data
In a few clicks, migrate teams to another tenant—or copy teams within the same tenant—without the need to script. And automatically map users at the destination so they can keep working quickly post-migration.
With ShareGate Desktop, you can bring along:
- Team settings and description
- Membership (owners and members)
- Conversation history (including sender, threaded messages, links, and timestamps)
- Standard channels
- Files (along with their history and metadata)
- Apps and bots (those that are available in the App Store)
- SharePoint site customizations
Tidy up your Teams pre-migration
Identify problem areas—like inactive or orphaned teams—before your Teams migration, with ShareGate Apricot’s smart monitoring and lifecycle management features. That way, you only bring the things you need.
CONTROL YOUR TEAMS MIGRATION
Simple experience, without compromising on control
Keep the control you need by carefully selecting the teams you want to move. Simply connect to the tenant you want to migrate from, and ShareGate Desktop generates a list of all your existing teams—along with information about each team’s ownership and privacy settings—to help you make a decision.
- Choose which teams you want to migrate
- Rename teams pre-migration
- Schedule a convenient time for the migration to take place
Fix problems faster with our robust migration report
Once your migration is complete, ShareGate Desktop provides you with a quick summary so you can see how it went. If anything unexpected popped up, we’ll provide you with the information you need to fix it fast.
- See which teams were migrated and the copy status of each one
- Get details on any errors or warning if they occurred, along with information to help you fix the problem
- Filter your results by status and item level, or choose to only show Office 365 imports
Manage Teams post-migration with ShareGate Apricot
Deploying and scaling collaborative tools like Teams requires a well-defined strategy and consistent effort. ShareGate Apricot, our automated governance platform, helps you guide users towards secure and productive collaboration in Microsoft Teams post-migration.
- Get full visibility across each team’s lifecycle—from creation all the way through to archival
- Automate manual tasks involved in identifying problem areas, like inactive or orphaned teams
- Collaborate with team owners on corrective measures to keep your Teams tidy and secure
The ShareGate difference
ShareGate Desktop has been making life easier for SharePoint professionals worldwide
for nearly a decade, and it keeps getting better. Our secret? We keep it simple.
Move your content around until it’s exactly how you want it. We’ll never meter your migrations.
Our number-one priority: getting your content to its destination in one piece. Migrate with total peace of mind, then get back to business as usual.
ShareGate Desktop’s UI isn’t just simple and intuitive—it’s actually pleasant to use (really!). If you prefer the command line, we’ve got fantastic PowerShell support, too.