What is SharePoint Governance?
Now I hope that my little story gave you an idea of what is SharePoint governance. It’s a document in which you will find:
- Roles and responsibilities (ex: You need the approval of whom to create a new team site.)
- Rules (ex: You can’t upload a very big file without the approval of the administrator.)
- Guidelines (ex: Files that haven’t been modified for # days must be checked and deleted if not useful.)
- Everything relevant to maintain an order in your SharePoint
Why do we need a SharePoint Governance plan?
SharePoint Governance Series
- Part 1 – Building a SharePoint Governance Plan in the Real World
- Part 2 – You need a logical architecture in your SharePoint Governance Plan
- Part 3 – Designing Site Requests in your SharePoint Governance Plan
- Part 4 – Site Template Definitions in the SharePoint Governance Plan
- Part 5 – User Training and Agreement in the SharePoint Governance Plan
If you haven't tried our popular SharePoint migration tool yet, what are you waiting for? ShareGate Desktop's UI isn't just simple and intuitive—it'S actually pleasant to use (really!).
Migrate to SharePoint or Office 365 quickly and easily, with best-in-class migration for all versions of SharePoint, unlimited data, and custom reporting. And effortlessly reorganize and restructure your content until it's exactly how you want it.
Save time and migrate with total peace of mind, then get back to business as usual. See for yourself with a free, full-featured 15-day trial.