migrate microsoft teams
Teams on the go.
We got this.
Effortlessly migrate and restructure your Microsoft Teams data with ShareGate’s migration tool. Move channels between teams to coordinate with change inside your organization or migrate entire teams from one Office 365 tenant to another in just a few clicks.
Trusted by over 75,000 IT professionals worldwide.
Whatever the need, ShareGate has your Teams migrations covered
Migrate entire teams to another tenant
Copy teams within the same tenant
Migrate channels to a new team
Copy channels to an existing team
Move exactly what you want, right where you need it with ShareGate
Microsoft Teams migrations
Migrate Microsoft Teams from one tenant to another
Seamlessly migrate teams from one tenant to another in a few clicks, without the need to script. Copy chat history, channels, membership, files, tabs, apps, Planner plans, and more—ensuring users have everything they need to succeed in their new Teams environment after a merger or acquisition.
Tidy up your teams pre-migration
Identify and solve problem areas—like inactive or orphaned teams—before your Teams migration, with ShareGate Teams management features. That way, you only bring the things you need.
Ongoing Teams movement
Migrate channels between teams
Your Customer Success and Support departments have merged, and now they need to work together as one team? No problem! Restructure Microsoft Teams to match how people collaborate and move inside your organization by easily moving around channels between teams.
- Copy private and standard channels to another team in no time, and bring over their conversation history, files, tabs, apps, and Planner plans so members can keep working without skipping a beat
- Move a team’s entire list of channels or select only the ones that are needed
Customize your Teams migration
Maintain complete control over your migration by selecting exactly what you need to copy—whether that means migrating entire teams, or cherry-picking channel content such as files and conversations. ShareGate also flags any potential issues before your actual migration so you can fix them ahead of time.
- Copy all of your teams and channels at once, or only select the ones you need to bring with you
- Perform incremental migrations to update your destination with the latest changes
- Copy content only such as files and conversations to merge into new or existing teams or channels
- Rename teams and channels pre-migration to avoid potential errors at your destination. Add a prefix or suffix, or change their names completely
- Automatically map users at the destination so users can keep working quickly after your migration (you can still manually map them if you need to)
- Create a new team at your destination, or copy channels to an existing team
- Start your copy immediately, or schedule a convenient time for your migration to take place
Fix problems faster with our robust Teams migration report
Once your migration is completed, ShareGate provides you with a quick summary so you can see how it went. If anything unexpected pops up, we’ll provide you with the information you need to fix it fast.
- See which teams and channels were migrated and the copy status of each one
- Get details on any errors or warnings if they occurred, along with information to help you fix the problem
- Quickly update your destination by only copying over what you’ve fixed
Supported Microsoft Teams objects
- Team settings and description
- Membership (owners and members)
- Conversation history (including sender, threaded messages, links, and timestamps)
- Standard and private channels
- Planner plans
- Lists & Libraries
- Files (along with their history and metadata)
- Default wiki pages
- Apps (those that are available in the Teams App Store)
- SharePoint site customizations
manage and secure teams
Guide users towards secure and productive collaboration in Teams
Give it a test run
Try ShareGate free for 15 days.
No credit card required.
Learn how it works
Seeing is believing! Get in touch with our sales team to see ShareGate in action.
The sharegate difference
Make IT simple.
Easy to use
Software designed with simplicity in mind. It’s quick to get started and easy to use. It does exactly what it says on the box, no BS.
Easy to choose
Our handy multi-tool comes in one simple package for one fixed price. Plus, you’ll be dealing with super friendly Canadians.
Easy to troubleshoot
From our tech support team to our straightforward docs and our helpful how-to resources, we’re always there for you, for free.
Simply there for you
Direct, no-nonsense documentation
Quickly find your answer in our extensive collection of FAQs, walkthroughs and troubleshooting articles.
Unlimited and committed support. Always.
For more complex scenarios, our knowledgeable and friendly support team is there to help solve your most challenging migration mind-benders. Shotgun start and photo finish every time!
Above and beyond
From our award-winning blog to our expert-led, community attended Q&A sessions, our team helps break down your biggest challenges and bring forward best practices.
Getting started is easy
Try ShareGate free for 15 days. No credit card required.