What’s ShareGate been up to? Delve into our ChangeLog’s June edition to find out what we’ve worked on.
Welcome to another ChangeLog! Time flies, we’re already halfway through the year. To celebrate, we have a special guest in this month’s ChangeLog who wants to make sure you make the most out of your ShareGate software, especially our latest feature.
This month, we’ve come full circle with our External sharing review feature! It’s never been easier for you to stay on top of links that users have shared externally and guests they’ve invited to their teams and groups.
Make sure external users have access to only the right things
The full external sharing review experience gives you complete visibility into who has access to what, who’s shared what, when and with whom in your tenant. It also allows you to automate the process of asking owners to review their guests and external shared links via email or our Teams chatbot at the frequency you set.
What’s more? You can also contact owners of specific teams and groups separately to remind them to complete a review or to test the policy with specific owners before its organization-wide roll-out. And to top it off, you can adapt the frequency of review based on the sensitivity level of the information shared within a team or group.
But don’t take our word for it! Let Benjamin Niaulin, Head of Product at ShareGate, tell you just how our tool simplifies your life by doing the heavy lifting, allowing you to collaborate with owners at scale so you can stay on top of security.
Ready to take our External sharing review policy for a spin? Here’s how you can get started.
Other changes and improvements
Here are some other notable improvements and bug fixes for June. Check out the release notes in our ShareGate support documentation for the full list:
- Migration tool:
- [Release 17.1.0]: Since Microsoft deprecated Internet Explorer, the migration tool now uses Edge for browser authentication to ensure a secure connection to your environment(s).
- [Patch 17.0.4]: If you had a network issue during the migration of a OneNote file to a Microsoft 365 destination, you will no longer get the infinite retry loop.
- [Patch 17.0.3]: When you perform an incremental team migration, newly added members will also get added to your private channels, if applicable.
- [Patch 17.0.2]: You can now filter your migration for items by their created and/or last modified dates.
- [Patch 17.0.1]: If you’ve performed any Google Drive migrations with the migration tool version 17.0 prior to the patch, your latest version of a Google Sheet, Doc or Slide might’ve been corrupted at the destination. However, this issue has been fixed, and should you encounter any corrupted files in your environment, you should be able to restore your data in Google Drive within 30 days.
While the Product team is working hard on the upcoming cloud migration and provisioning features for Microsoft Teams, we also have some smaller but powerful projects currently in the works:
Enhanced reporting capabilities to help keep your environment safe
Seeing is believing, and that has never been more important than when you’re looking to report on your environment or to find possible risks to mitigate. That’s why our team’s currently reworking the Manage page of our management module, adding new reporting capabilities that’ll allow you to better manipulate data to report on your environment.
See and manage SharePoint communication sites
As we strive to make your biggest Microsoft admin jobs easy, we’ll soon be supporting all of SharePoint in our management module. This means that in addition to Teams sites, which you can already easily manage, communication sites will be available as well. Stay tuned for more!
[Watch on demand] Bridging the gap: Harmonize your SharePoint sites with Microsoft Teams
We sat down with Microsoft MVP Susan Hanley to talk about how you can bridge the gap between your SharePoint sites and Microsoft Teams. Get actionable advice to help you get end-users on board with Teams and enhance productivity and collaboration. Watch it here!